Dec 01, 2023
- Completion of a minimum of 21 hours in history selected from the categories listed below.
- Minimum grade of “C” in all course work required for the minor, including required cognates.
- Completion of 6 (or 9) hours of required cognates.
- Completion of at least 3 hours of ”writing intensive” courses at the 3000-level (See list of courses below).
- All course work at the 3000/4000-level must be completed within 10 years of intern teaching.
- With the permission of the advisor, students may substitute advanced level (4000-level) history courses for an intermediate level (3000-level) courses in the same topical area, providing the student has the appropriate prerequisite.
1. Introductory level history courses (6 hours)
Select one of the following:
2. Intermediate level history courses
12 hours, including a 3 hour writing intensive course.
- 3000-level (U.S.) Credits: 3 hours
- 3000-level (Africa, Asia, Latin America, Middle East) Credits: 3 hours
- 3000-level (Europe) Credits 3 hours
- 3000-level ANY AREA or HIST 2900 Credits: 3 hours
Writing intensive courses at the 3000-level are listed below. The prerequisite is HIST 2900 or instructor approval.
3. Advanced level history courses (3 hours)
4000-level Prerequisite: One 3000-level writing intensive course or instructor approval.
- HIST 4000-level ANY AREA Credits: 3 hours
One course Geography (3 to 4 hours)
One course in Political Science (3 to 4 hours)
Students whose teaching major is outside the College of Arts and Sciences (3 hours)
must complete the following course:
Writing Intensive Courses - History
Prerequisite: HIST 2900 or instructor approval.
Courses by Area - History
Course meeting requirements for United States history include:
Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Middle East
Courses meeting requirements for this area include:
Courses meeting requirements for European history include:
Courses meeting requirements for any geographical area include: